January 15, 2017

Beauty | Huda Beauty Gossip Gurl Liquid Matte Lipstick

Despite the hype around the Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks, due to my own personal bias, I had low expectations for this. The personality behind the brand isn't one that appeals to me (not that I consider myself to be accessible to the regular Jane). However, I had a lot of coworkers convince me to pick one up during my Christmas break back home in Dubai. Online swatches convinced me that Material Girl would be the perfect berry plum shade to match with the new purple hair. However, when in store, swatches convinced me it was too mute and dull to part my money with. Instead I settled on, what I consider to be a rather embarrassingly named shade, Gossip Gurl

Gossip Gurl is described as not a but the everyday cute pink. I'm tend to dislike pink lipsticks, mainly because they look amazing on many cool toned girls I know but clash with mine. Since Huda Kattan is a woman of colour, I shouldn't have been surprised to find that this shade of pink actually really flattered my warm medium skin. Despite having way too many lipsticks, I don't regret buying this shade, it actually managed to fill a gap in my collection.

I found the formula for Gossip Gurl to be very drying. As much as I love the colour, I avoid wearing it too many days in a row because of how rough it makes my lips feel. On the plus side, it's very long lasting. There are matching lip liners to each liquid lipstick which I didn't bother with but it still manages to stay in perfect condition for at least six hours. It eventually leaves a stain on the lips.

For £18 in the UK or Dhs 100 in Dubai, I'm unsure if these are reasonably priced. The formula doesn't stand out compared to other liquid lipsticks I've tried and the packaging doesn't feel particularly unique to justify the extra buck. I would recommend the Huda Beauty liquid lip sets instead for £33 each. You do get a lot less product but more shades, but considering how difficult it is to use up full sized liquid lipsticks, it's difficult to fault that.

No comments:

Post a Comment