October 23, 2016

Indie Makeup | Black Moon Cosmetics Harvest Liquid Lipstick

It feels like forever since I've tried out a new indie makeup brand. Since earning my own income I've stopped buying drugstore and indie brands. Not intentionally but because I could afford to spend extra on something more high end. Lately though, I've been bored by most counter brands and indie companies have been piquing my interest again. While I've been aware of Black Moon Cosmetics for a while, it wasn't until they released their black metal trinity set that they really caught my attention. However, I already had a fair few dupes of everything in that collection and decided against it. Instead, I made an order for Harvest, a burnt orange with a hint of red.


Finally, I've found the orange lipstick of my dreams. I find the majority of orange lip colours always end up looking neon against my skin. Harvest is the subtle alternative I've been in search for, the burnt orange shade is perfect for the Autumn / Halloween season.

The packaging is similar to the Jeffree Star and Sugarpill liquid lipsticks but a bit taller than them. The lid has the Black Moon logo in silver on it with a crescent on one side and a jellyfish on the other. The black ombre tube allows you to see the colour of the product on the bottom and gives a luxury feel to it. The only issue I have with the packaging is I found the lip applicator took a while to get used to as it was too stiff to follow the curve of my lips.

The formula for Harvest is very comfortable and almost moisturising, it takes quite a while for the colour to mattify. Harvest was surprisingly long lasting. I found whenever I drank it didn't come off at all and it lasted really well throughout the entire day. It was only when I ate a rather oily meal that I found it really faded but it left a slight orange stain effect behind. I would say it easily lasts around 4-5 hours before needing any retouching. If you find liquid lipsticks to be too drying, the formula is great. If you hate retouching, you may need to look elsewhere.

Black Moon Cosmetics are currently only available for purchase through their official store. As they are based in the US, it took 2 working days before my shipment was sent and arrived exactly one week later in the UK. Which is reasonably decent shipping for international customers.

Face
Mac Prep & Prime Skin Base Visage
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation #10
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift
Kat Von D Lock it concealer
Kat Von D Lock it setting powder
MAC Star Trek The Light Fantastic Powder in Highly Illogical

Eyes
Urban Decay Vice LTD palette in Heat, Chase, Anonymous, Laced, Backdoor & Perversion
Kat Von D The Trooper Eyeliner
Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 eye pencil
Lit Glitter in Hot Chocolate
Clinique Lengthening Mascara

Lips
Black Moon Harvest Liquid Lipstick

1 comment:

  1. Ooo a new liquid lipstick brand to try! These sound pretty good. :D

    I'll have to check them out soon and see what awesome shades they have on offer. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete