September 04, 2016

Beauty | Shopping My Stash / August Favourites

I've not previously done monthly favourite posts as I never seemed to mix up my beauty regime often enough. Lately I've been digging through my makeup collection and trying out long forgotten purchases. Most of which were abandoned shortly after buying, and I'm embarrassed to admit some that have never even been touched. To make up for this, I've been making a conscious effort to shop my stash and have found some new favourites. Naturally, not every item I've tried out has been great, these duds have either been passed on or binned.


What - MAC's Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
Why - This was gifted to me well over 6 months ago along with a few other MAC products. I had never touched it until August though, I was finding my foundation just wasn't sitting right on my skin, it was cakey and would set strangely around my pores. It provides a smooth base that makes my foundation glide almost effortlessly on my skin. It's also meant to be effective for evening out redness but I can't comment on that as it's not a problem I have. 

What - Urban Decay's Revolution Lipgloss in Liar
Why - Wearing liquid lipsticks on a daily basis over summer has been exceptionally drying on the lips. Adding just the smidge of lipgloss on top of Kat Von D's double dare liquid lipstick hydrates my lips enough to fix my chapped lips problem.

What - NYX Vivid Brights Eyeliner in Fire 
Why - Red eyeliner isn't something I've ever envisioned myself wearing or wanting. The vivid bright liners are an excellent lazy way to add just a pop of colour to the eyes. I find it also clashes in a good way with the turquoise hair.

What - YSL Kiss and Blush in 11 Prune Impertinente
Why - I've barely touched this since buying it with my staff discount aeons ago. With a medium skin tone, I find the problem with dark matte lip colours is sometimes they can sometimes be too intense it ends up looking almost black. I wanted a burgundy lip colour that wasn't too intense for work. Looking through my stash I rediscovered this gem which applies more like a dark lip stain than a gloss making it part of my daily work face this month.

What - Olaplex
Why - I'm not 100% sold on the after care treatment yet but am still trialling it out. The in salon treatment though has definitely won me over. Before the treatment, I would find bits of hair on my clothing, a lot more in the shower drain and my hair brush would be full of hair after one hair brushing section. After I went in for a treatment, even though it didn't completely eliminate the fallout, it did do a damn good job of reducing it. I rarely, if ever, find loose bits of hair on my clothing, the shower is a lot easier to clean out and the same goes for my hair brush. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and great post! The No. 3 is great to offset any damage done from everyday styling, such as blow drying, irons, even brushing! It's about maintaining the health of your hair in between services. If you haven't tried it yet, consider reaching out to your salon for a Mini-treatment! ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and great post! The No. 3 is great to offset any damage done from everyday styling, such as blow drying, irons, even brushing! It's about maintaining the health of your hair in between services. If you haven't tried it yet, consider reaching out to your salon for a Mini-treatment! ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete