August 07, 2016

Beauty | Kat Von D Metal Crush Shadow in Black No 1

When the Metal Crush shadows released, I genuinely had 0 interest in picking any of them up. It wasn't until one of the Sephora staff showed off how pigmented they were with a single swipe that I started paying them any attention. With eyeshadow names like Paranoid and Danzig, Kat Von D's metal crush line is a joy for any metal nerd out there. Awesome eyeshadow names always make me want to catch 'em all. 

Somehow I managed to control myself and settled on two shadows. Both were colours that I would actually use regularly instead of adding to my pile of 1000 rainbow coloured eyeshadows. Today's shadow, Black No 1, named after my favourite Type O Negative song, is a metallic gunmetal, perfect for a daytime smoky eye.

At approx 2.8g, the eyeshadow pans are some of the most generous out there. See through cases are always a bonus with single shadows, being able to immediately tell what colour shadow is in the case is a must. The metal crush range are the creamiest powder shadows I've tried. They almost feel like a hybrid powder cream eyeshadow.

Unfortunately, while the rest of the shadows are very pigmented, I seemed to have picked up the one dud out of the range. The shadow doesn't seem to stick well to the skin and applies very faintly despite using an eye primer. It also has a lot of fallout, at the end of a night, I'll find my face is covered in sparkles. Instead of packing on the shadow, causing more fallout all over the face, I use a sticky wet base/glitter glue (Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy) on the lids as a primer to get a more pigmented look.

With a price tag of $21 per shadow, I'd suggest only picking up shadows that you'd get a lot of use from. Alternatively, if you had a lot of disposable income, I'd definitely suggest picking them all up aside from Black No 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment