February 23, 2016

Travel | 5 Places I Want To Visit In 2016

My goals and plans for 2016 are fuzzy at best. I definitely want to continue travelling, but this year I want to focus on exploring cities I've never visited rather than rediscovering places I've been to before. Despite not spending any money on makeup this year, I've been terrible at saving money so far this year. So in the meanwhile, here's my current wanderlust list for the year. 

1. Istanbul, Turkey (Source)
Oh Istanbul, even back when I didn't care for travel, it was one of those cities I was desperate to visit. Shopping for baklava, visiting the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Turkish food has always been a favourite too! Sadly, I've had a lot of family discouraging me from visiting as there's been too many incidents in the last year or so. Personally, I worry that if I don't just go for it this year, things may end up becoming worse. It makes me sad to say but it feels like a now or never situation.

2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Source)
I had the opportunity to visit Amsterdam during my university days but wasn't interested due to my own ignorance. All I knew about the place was the infamous red light district and their "speciality" cafes, of which neither of these things still hold any interest to me. I'd love to discover the city beyond it's raunchy reputation. 

3. Brighton, UK (Source)
I've not explored much of the UK and while I've made a bit of an effort to stop visiting London each time I fancy a city escape, I've not made as much progress as I'd like. Brighton's been one of those places that gets raved about so much both in and out of the blogging world, it'd be interesting to see how it holds up. A swim at the beach followed by a day at the fair and checking out the Royal Pavillion does appeal.

4. Reykjavik, Iceland (Source)
I don't consider myself to be sporty, anything of the sort is outside my comfort zone. Iceland is the only place on this planet that's convinced me to break out of my comfort zone. I'd love to experience both a winter and summer there. Exploring ice caves, witnessing the northern lights in winter and diving into waterfalls and 24 hours of sunshine in summer. Naturally, I'd love to explore the golden circle and visit the blue lagoon too. It seems very otherworldly and unlike any country I've visited already.

5. Barcelona, Spain (Source)
There's a 50/50 chance this will/won't be happening over Easter. Between a day exploring Gaudi's architecture and a day with ice cream at the beach, Barcelona is both a city and beach break rolled into one. Fingers crossed, I'll be able to actually visit this amazing city.

Ultimately, it's unlikely that I'll be able to visit all 5 of these places this year. I'm hoping to cross off 2/3 of these places from the list. In the meanwhile, I'll carry on planning my dream holidays to each of these places.

1 comment:

  1. Just Love the List you have shared here. I too love traveling and blogs like this are my favorite online destinations.

    ReplyDelete