January 24, 2016

Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara

A few months ago, I was spoilt by a care package. In this box, there were plenty of mascaras thrown it to last me the next few years. Most were samples and very generic looking. There was however, one that stood out, Lancome's Grandiose mascara.

It's easy to see why Grandiose piqued my curiosity, it's the quirkiest piece of makeup I own. The black rose encased in glass instantly makes me think of the enchanted flower from Beauty and the Beast. Combine the femininity and nostalgia of the flower with the simple choice of colour and you get an aesthetic that is sure to appeal to the masses of any generation.

Even when unscrewing the cap, I was intrigued by the swan shaped wand that greeted me. The patented wand looked like it'd be difficult to use but it actually curves in an angle that makes applying the mascara from root to tip easier.

While applying the mascara is easy, I find it's not that effective. It adds some black to the lashes and lengthens them a little with 1/2 layers. However, when I try to layer the mascara more than that, I find it has a tendency to clump lashes. So unless you already have naturally thick and long lashes, or if you just want a thin coating on, you may want to avoid shelling out £24.50 for it. Especially considering how mascaras tend to only have a shelf life of 6 months anyway.

On the plus side, as you're forced to avoid layering, it makes it one of the easier mascaras to remove at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment