December 27, 2015

Kat Von D Double Dare Liquid Lipstick

I'm a huge liquid lipstick fan. The only gripe I've had with them is that the best quality shades always seemed to be the bolder ones. The neutral ones tended to be lacklustre in comparison. In only the last few months, I've managed to find a few everyday shades that perform as well. One of my current favourites is from Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick line, Double Dare.

I visited New York with quite a few of Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks on my to buy list. Although Double Dare wasn't on my list originally it ended up being one of the two I settled on. The swatches I took in Sephora won me over.

Double Dare is officially described as a Cocoa blush. However, I find it has a slight peach undertone without it being too apparent. It's one of the few liquid lipsticks I own that are appropriate for everyday wear. I find Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks some of the easiest to apply. Double Dare applies evenly with no flaking problems. I find Double Dare dries down quicker than the older shades seem to.

While I don't find the Kat Von D formula to be drying, I find it can tense up the lips a little. I find my lips only feel dry after several hours of wear.

Although the quality is great, the major drawback for those of us outside the US is buying anything from Kat Von D is costly due to customs. This year, the brand have been introduced to Sephora Spain and Sephora Dubai though, so hopefully they'll be even more globally available in coming years.

The Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks are available for $20 each at Sephora US.

No comments:

Post a Comment