December 20, 2015

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Masochist

After impulse buying my first trio of Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks last year, I didn't expect to be buying even more. At the time I regretted the purchase because I already owned all those shades. However, once they arrived and I actually used them, all of my regret had vanished. If anything, I couldn't wait for more shades to release. While I've managed to resist most of their shades, some were impossible to skip out on, including Masochist.

Masochist is described as a dark pink matte which is 100% accurate once on the lips. It has a dark fuchsia look when applied, in it's tube it seems to have slight red undertones to it. There are few pinks I actually enjoy wearing, with my current neon green hair, Masochist has been my go to bold lip colour.

What I love about Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks is that they don't dry out your lips, something all liquid lipsticks are guilty of. Masochist is no exception and is neither drying nor hydrating. However, unlike all my other Jeffree Star lipsticks, I find Masochist doesn't seem to fully set. Which causes it to get pink everywhere and make me paranoid about it being all over my face. Somehow, even though it gets on my fingers and food, it still manages to stay on my lips after several hours of wear. 

Aside from that, I'd just be repeating things I've previously said in all my other reviews. The Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks have had a slight price hike and now cost £14 / $18. Masochist is currently unavailable online but will be available back in January. If you're in the UK, it would be worth stopping by Cocktail Cosmetics as they usually have a better stock in store compared to their online site.

2 comments:

  1. I love the color! Looks great on you! I hope to get my hands on it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Masochist! :D I'm going to wear it over the Christmas and New Year period. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete