December 31, 2015

5 Makeup Purchases That I Regret Making in 2015

After sharing this year's favourite makeu, it's only fair that I share purchases that brought buyer's remorse.

1. Marc Jacobs The Lolita Palette
So this is a weird one. I'm currently panning this palette and have hit pan on 3 out of 7 of the eyeshadows. I get a lot of use out of it and can create many gorgeous everyday looks with it. It's also the sleekest eyeshadow palette I own. So why the regret? Pigmentation. While it's not impossible to work with, I find the shimmer doesn't seem to really ever pop as much as I'd like. Some days I notice that the eyeshadow has disappeared on my lids too. Certain shades have too much formula and others require just a little too much effort to blend. Ultimately, I felt like for the price I paid, I didn't get the amazing quality I was looking for.

2. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in 794
Despite raving and raving about Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks, I had a bad experience with one of them, 714. This is mainly my own fault, I knew from online swatches that it'd be too neon on my skin tone. I didn't even swatch it on my lips in store. I just made the purchase without thinking! Regret!

3. Milani Rose Powder Blush
This Milani blush is absolutely stunning! Which is exactly why I bought it. As for the quality I find that you really need to dig to get any colour on the cheeks. It's possible that the reason I had this issue is due to my medium skin tone. I also found it very difficult to blend the blush on to the skin.

4. Models Own Nail polishes
This was the only impulse purchase I made this year that I regretted the same day of purcahase. Since entering the working world, I rarely paint my nails AND I have a million nail polishes. Why on earth did I decide to buy 5 extra bottles of nail polish?

5. Covergirl 2 Step Mascara
I purchased this as a friend of mine had amazing lashes and she used this mascara. Thing is, she also just naturally had awesome lashes. Mine need the extra help so it didn't seem to work as well for me. Also as someone who dislikes mascara to begin with, why did I think getting a 2 step mascara would be a good idea? It's double the effort!

Have you made any purchases this year that you ended up regretting in the end?

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try a Marc Jacobs eyeshadow palette next, even though the quality isn't top notch and pigmentation is terrible, I mostly like its packaging, the neutral shades looks so pretty. I am on the same boat as you about JSC 714, the colour just didn't work out for me and when I heard that it was a limited edition I bought two =.= and of course Jeffree Star bought it back cause it's so popular. Then the Milani blushes, love the packaging, absolutely gorgeous, but its quality is terrible! I find them very powdery and no pigmentation! Anyway, great post x

    ♡ K | http://kayxcake.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete