November 15, 2015

Marc Jacobs The Lolita Palette

When Marc Jacobs first announced the launch of his beauty line, the beauty blogging began buzzing with excitement. Me? I got sucked right in, the peculiarly shaped but sleek packaging. So when I finally walked into a Sephora in Paris earlier this year, I basically only picked up items from his line. After months of trying out the Lolita palette, I finally have a kind of review. By 'kind of', I mean I can't actually decide how I feel about it.



The Lolita palette has been my got everyday nude palette for work for a while now. It's probably the sleekest one I own with it's ultra slim packaging. In fact it's so thin, that the brand even provides a sleeve to place the palette in. While I originally thought it was pointless, it's been handy for during travels and prevents scratches.

While the packaging is nothing short of perfect, I wish I could say the same for the eyeshadows. The eyeshadows don't have any names. From left to right the 7 shadows come in matte off-white cream, matte nude, matte dark coffee brown, metallic warm pink with iridescent glitter, iridescent champagne pink sheen, light peach sheen, rosy copper sheen. 

The 3 matte shadows are a bit powdery. With the dark brown being least pigmented out of all and doesn't apply evenly. Of the four shimmery shadows, the first one has bad fallout, even if you manage to apply it without creating a glittery mess, as the day goes on, I found glitter all over my face. The next one is too pink for my yellow skin tone. The other two shadows though? Perfect. Well, almost. 

I'm personally used to just dabbing my makeup brush into my eyeshadows as they're usually super pigmented. However, I find I have to dig into these shadows for pigmentation. I do get a lot of use from this palette and despite all it's flaws it's still easy to create everyday looks with it. However, with all of the glowing reviews this palette has had along with the price of $59, I was expecting a perfect palette and I was disappointed to find that it was a good one...just not a perfect one!

So, don't expect a flawless palette. It is a good palette and it's very easy to get a lot of use out of. Ultimately, I can't see myself repurchasing this. I would however be willing to try out a different Marc Jacobs palette, one with less matte shadows in particular.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with the packaging of it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful palette! But so expensive at the same time.. I have to swatch this next time I am in Sephora..

    Annie | DrugstoreDreamer

    ReplyDelete