October 06, 2015

Life Lately | September in Photos

At the end of August (unintentional 36 Crazyfists reference) and start of September I flew out to New York to visit an old American friend that I had met during uni in the UK. I've never really thought about visiting the city, it's never been a place to visit on my bucket list but I was eager to go see what the 'big deal' was about. 

On my first night, I went Broadway and checked out the Book of Mormon! As someone who's not a fan of musicals I find them exceptionally cringe worthy, this was the exception! After crossing off some of the more touristy things like the Top of the Rock & getting a ferry to Liberty Island, we made a day trip to Boston. Where we stayed on a little ship and went to the beautiful Boston aquarium before heading back to our last night in New York. The last day consisted of a lot of shopping with whatever cash we had leftover from our trip, including the craziest peacock headband that matched my hair perfectly at the Chelsea Markets.

Since returning from the flight home, Birmingham has been particularly crazy towards the end of the month. Which has been great for avoiding any potential holiday blues. It was also amusing to be able to compare Grand Central Station New York having just visited to Grand Central Birmingham. On the week of the opening there's been an odd arts and culture festival, with things like hanging musicians and giant puppets around town along with the Rugby, Style Birmingham and EGX games exhibition. Out of all these things, I prioritised the gaming event naturally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment