August 23, 2015

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks

I've only had these Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks forever, so it's about time I reviewed these! I pre-ordered the original 3 liquid lipsticks that Jeffree Star had launched his line with, Prom Night, Redrum and I'm Royalty end of last year. I admit it was an impulse purchase, which I originally did regret as I had a dupe for each of the original shades. However that sentiment completely disappeared once they had arrived and I got to try them out.

Redrum is described as the perfect red. 

Prom Night is a bright matte pink.

I'm Royalty is a royal purple.

The bright hot pink packaging just screams Jeffree Star which is pretty damn awesome although I can imagine it not being to everyone's taste. Thank god the liquid lipsticks are unscented as I find they can be very off-putting. Each shade is super pigmented but expect some layering if you're applying it sparingly.

Each shade has a slightly different formula with Redrum performing the best in my opinion. I find it the most resistant and long lasting. Prom Night applies a little streaky and needs extra layering but is also rather longlasting and resistant to fading. I'm Royalty needs minimal layering but is prone to fading in the center of the lips. I find they tend to last around 4/5 hours without any noticable difference. Depending on what you eat though, the lipstick is prone to fading in the center of the lips. If you're wearing this for a night out, you won't be able to remove it with a makeup wipe, you'll have to use a proper makeup remover.

While the market is oversaturated with liquid lipsticks, Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks really stand out as they are so comfortable on the lips. While you can feel other liquid lipsticks mattify and dry up on your lips, Jeffree Star's formula dries down without causing discomfort to the lips. Even though the finish is matte, I find this also doesn't flake away like all other liquid lipsticks tend to. The brand recommend's exfoliating and moisturising your lips before applying but I've never bothered and had no issues.

You can purchase Jeffree Star's Velour liquid lipsticks on the Jeffree Star website which offers international shipping. If you're in the UK and want to avoid customs charges, I'd recommend purchasing from Cocktail Cosmetics for £13 although they don't tend to have much stock.

6 comments:

  1. Redrum looks fantastic on you! I also love your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need to get one of these! I've had my eyes on so many shades and I still don't know which one I want... I'd probably opt for Redrum or Unicorn Blood for when winter is upon us.

    I'd definitely purchase from Cocktail Cosmetics too. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Cocktail have a physical store in Sutton Coldfield too if you needed to see them irl XD

      Delete
  3. I have 5 of these so far and really want to get Posh Spice, Blow Pony and Celebrity Skin too. I agree, they're super comfortable. All 3 look great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a fourth one too, Celebrity Skin which has easily turned into an everyday lip shade! I want to get more but I already have dupes for most of them to justify more XD

      Delete