August 09, 2015

Get The Look | Marisol 'Flaca' Gonzales Orange Is The New Black Inspired Makeup

It took a while, but I've finally jumped on the Netflix bandwagon. Not that not having Netflix has stopped me from watching some of their awesome shows (Daredevil & Kimmy Schmidt). However, the first original Netflix show I've ever watched is Orange Is The New Black. I absolutely love learning about all the female characters and their back-stories. One of the characters, 'Flaca', seriously stood out to me in season 3. Why? Because it's been incredibly obvious that she was a fellow alternative woman of colour. She was shown wearing some pretty in your face makeup this season, including a blue lipstick. Naturally, I decided to recreate one of these looks featuring a yellow eye look with purple lips. To tone down the look slightly, I swapped out the yellow eyeshadow for gold.

Key things you'll need for this look:
  • Purple lipstick - I've used Revlon's Matte Balm in Shameless 
  • Gold Eyeshadows
    • A Bright Gold - I used Sugarpill's Goldilux pure pigment
    • A Muted Gold - Illamasqua's 
  • A Neutral Socket Shadow
  • Eyeliner - Liquid or gel, it's up to you. 
  • Purple Hair Extensions (Optional)
1. After applying primer on the eyes, apply a bright yellow gold eyeshadow on the centre of the lid and into the inner corner of the eyes.
2. Apply a muted gold shadow into the outer lid and outer V of the eye. Make sure to blend a little in to the gold around the centre of the lid.
3. Next blend in a neutral lid shade into the crease
4. Add a heavy cat eye and mascara.
5. Finish the look of by pairing your gold eyes with purple lipstick.

1 comment:

  1. Love this look! I really want to pick up Shameless, it's a gorgeous dupe of Pure Heroine by MAC. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete