July 26, 2015

My 5 Beauty Favourites This Summer

As my skin changes between summer time and the harsh winters we experience in the UK, I find my beauty routine tends to change during the year. Admittedly, this year has to be the wettest summer I've experienced since permanently moving here with a weird mixture of sun and rain. These products are my favourite ones for the warmer days.

Gel Eyeliners | Summer for me usually means having a really bad reaction to all the pollen. I had no idea I was a hay fever sufferer until 2 years of living in the UK. After going through several liquid liners over summer, I've found the sure fire way of keeping my eyeliner in check, is gel liners! We've been using them a lot on each other at makeup school. The gel liner doesn't mess up whenever I get my watery eyes and it doesn't melt away with the heat.

Jeffree Star Liquid Lipsticks | Have I raved enough about these Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks yet? I've yet to review them on the blog but I do feature them a lot on Instagram. These are super budge proof and are perfect if you find that heat makes your lipstick bleed. I've already mentioned that I prefer Redrum to my previous holy grail liquid lipstick. If you find liquid lipsticks tend to be super drying, these are significantly more comfortable on the lips. 

MAC Face Protect Primer | Over summer, I tend to abandon my holy grail moisturiser as it does too good a job and causes my skin to break out. I've been using MAC's Face Protect primer as suggested by a friend. Not only does it have oil control (although you need to apply a little) but it doubles as sunscreen as it has SPF 50. While it works well for me, I would definitely advise against it if you have dry skin.

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil | Admittedly, this isn't exclusive to summer and I've featured this in my bleached hair regime. As I mentioned then, I use it as a finishing product after straightening my hair. If it's warm though, I am guaranteed to use this as it's great to battle heat induced frizzy-ness.

Maybelline Lash Sensational | Last but not least, my least favourite makeup item on the planet, mascara. I can not stand this stuff! I always manage to get it everywhere but the lashes. However, a load of people have been name dropping this particular mascara since Benefit's Roller Lash mascara released. I decided to give it a try and it's by far the only one I'm capable of tolerating and maybe even liking a little bit.

What are your favourite beauty products for summer? Check out how similar this year's favourites compared to two years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want to get my hands on the Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks! I'm craving Abused at the moment.

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete