July 14, 2015

IMATS London 2015 Photos & Haul

Last year I attended IMATS solo on a Saturday, this year I went with a few friends so this year's coverage isn't as picture heavy as last year's. This year I was slightly less star struck with all the beautiful makeup demos and focused on what to get for the kit. I felt like the discounts this year were a lot better and that I made back my ticket money and more. Admittedly, as a makeup student, I was able to sign up for student pro cards at MAC and Bobbi Brown so I ended up with a slightly larger discount than the general public would have been.

Since we arrived quite early, we decided to go to the NYX stall first as the queue is always quite ridiculous and tends to curve around a few other stalls. The stall didn't seem as big as last year's but they did have some of the newer products available like the NYX Butter Lipsticks and Macaron Lippies. I ended up picking up a lip liner, a cream illuminator and one eyeliner to match my hair. At the MAC counter, I signed up for my student pro card which entitled me to a one off 35% discount. I only picked up the concealer pro palettes in light and medium deep to go with my medium palette.

Next up, I went to the Urban Decay stand who had a 20% discount for the public, pro card holders and proper makeup artists got 30%. I picked up a few glosses for the kit, a standard nude, a deep bright red for vintage looks and a berry. Instead of picking up a naked palette for a kit, I decided to go for the naked2 basics palette as the naked palettes have too many shimmery shadows and this was a good all matte palette to have. These were the only eyeshadows I picked up and it killed me not picking up any rainbow bright shadows. The only thing naughty purchase that I made for myself was the turquoise deep end eyeliner.

The Makeup Forever stand was our next stop. I picked up the Makeup Forever HD Foundation as I love the coverage it gives in class. I also picked up a camouflage palette for colour correcting. Again, I made a naughty purchase for myself, which was yet another eyeliner. I eyed this up last year and it's a stunning gold green colour. After this, I headed to the Lit Cosmetics stall to pick up a load of beautiful glitters! 

The last two bits I picked up were these pretty purple brushes in a set for £10. Afterall, you can never have too many right? Next, I picked up a white mehron tub for face and body painting.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo those lip glosses look lush! :D

    Sounds like an awesome time. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body painting really beautiful, perfect.
    www.popoo.fr

    ReplyDelete