July 29, 2015

Charlotte Tilbury The Rock Chick Look & Palette

Back when Charlotte Tilbury first launched, I admit to being a terrible beauty blogger and aspiring makeup artist as I had never heard of her before. However, I was intrigued by her products. For whatever reason though, I found that a lot of Charlotte Tilbury products on counter weren't very pigmented whenever I swatched a few products. With everyone raving about the brand online, I decided to book myself in for an appointment to see how they fair when applied. As you can see, I ended up being won over & purchased a fair few products way back during the winter Selfridges sale.

If you're unfamiliar with the brand, they have 10 signature looks with corresponding products to achieve each of them. It took the longest time for me to check out any Charlotte Tilbury products as I could never settle on which look I preferred. For the longest time it was a toss up between the Vintage Vamp and the Rebel. Ultimately, I decided to just go for a completely different option, the Rock Chick.

The Rock Chick is inspired by the likes of Brigitte Bardot & Debbie Harry. It's a combination of a smoky eye, eyeliner or a cat eye, paired with a nude lip. It's my basic go to look that I do when I don't have an hour or so to do my face up. If I was going to splurge on a luxury brand, I may as well make sure I'm capable of incorporating it into my daily routine. 

Although the palettes only have 4 shadows, they're rather versatile as you can create a day look, an evening look and a somewhere in between dusk look. The shadows are rather pigmented but I wouldn't describe them as the best on the market. I've definitely tried even better ones. They're nice but nothing particularly special. I found the smoke shade requires extra work to blend.

They also aren't individually named but each have a prime, enhance, smoke and pop shadow. For a day look you use a combination of prime and enhance, for a dusk you add in the smoke and for an evening look you use the pop. If you find yourself overwhelmed for choice with larger eyeshadow palettes, it may be worth trying out. It's a great idiot proof palette with the exception of the glittery 'pop' shadow. I find I experience a lot of fallout with it, even if I apply it perfectly, throughout the day the glitter tends to fall off the lids and go everywhere. Those who prefer being more experimental may want to skip.
I originally never planned on purchasing any of the blushers, call me immature but they just remind me of a boob. However, I kind of fell in love with 'Love Glow' during my makeover. As a medium skin tone, I assumed it wouldn't suit me at all as the blush looks so light in the pan. However, it somehow gives a gorgeous glow to the cheeks without coming off ashy or pale.

You can find Charlotte Tilbury at select Selfridges counters in the UK or on the official website.

1 comment:

  1. Coucou!

    La palette est sublime! Et ton maquillage est très joli également :-)

    Des bisous ma jolie ❤

    ReplyDelete