July 31, 2015

30 Photos from Paris

A long overdue post, back in February my partner and I decided to hop on the Eurostar and celebrate our 3 year anniversary in Paris. I've visited Paris at least twice before and it took the 3rd time for me to fall in love with the city which had a lot to do with the company. Since we were celebrating our time together, I thought I'd keep it simple and just share my favourite photos during the trip rather than over share. 

Travelling was a rather spur of the moment decision as we had found a good deal online. At the time, I would have preferred to have visited somewhere else as I've had some mediocre trips there. Ultimately, I was pretty grateful just to leave the UK as it's been over 2 years since I last travelled anywhere. Which may have been why I loved the city so much this time around.

Paris had a bit of a Beauty and the Beast vibe, particularly the inside of the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Grand Opera House. Even though the Opera House is meant to be the one that inspired the story of the phantom of the opera, it reminded me of the Beauty and the Beast castle in the Disney film during the Tale as old as time scene and after the curse had been lifted. Notre Dame's chandelier's and gothic vibes made me feel like I had walked into the Beast's castle on a dark and stormy night like Maurice did.

I think if I were to ever move to a major city for a few months or so, I'd love it to be Paris. The people are incredibly polite, the food is mouthwatering and the architecture gorgeous. I've gone from never wanting to revisit the city to wishing I could live there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment