June 05, 2015

Top 5 Illamasqua Lipsticks

Having reviewed all 12 of my Illamasqua lipsticks, I thought I'd round up the ones that I felt are the best ones. Tc clarify this list isn't a list of my personal favourite shades but the ones I felt had the best formula. While it was easy to eliminate certain under-performers, I found it difficult to choose just 5 lipsticks with what was leftover.

Maneater (cherry red) isn't a particularly unique shade and I'm surprised at myself for adding Atomic (fuchsia violet) to the list. I've disliked it for so many years but have only appreciated the colour in the last few months. Illamasqua's lipsticks can receive a lot of criticism for their dryness, both Maneater and Atomic don't have that problem at all and have somewhat creamy finishes to them.

Resist (deep rose pink) is a must have, not only is it my all time favourite pink lipstick but it's easily the most durable and long-lasting one I own. Magnetism (deep raspberry pink) is discontinued unfortunately. The formula is creamy and as it wears away, it still retains a stain effect.

If you're ever looking to push yourself out of your comfort zone, I can not recommend Kontrol (blue violet) enough! Purple lipsticks have been really popular for the last year or so. If you're a fan of this trend, this is one purple lipstick you don't want to miss out on.

Pristine (matte black)  deserves an honourable mention.The reason why I didn't include it was because the formula was too creamy that it caused it to break in the tube. It's currently the only lipstick to have ever done that too.

Illamasqua lipsticks are pricey at £18.50. However, if you're willing to splurge, these 5 are the one's I'd recommend picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment