June 23, 2015

Top 5 Favourite Purple Nail Polishes

If you follow me on Instagram you may have come across an image where I realised my purple lipstick addiction also happens to be a purple nail polish addiction. The amount of purple polishes I own could easily last me a lifetime. So my favourites, in no particular order are...

If you were to tell me that I'd ever be in love with a Claire's nail polish, I'd laugh in disbelief. However, glitter and purple is a winning combination with me. Naturally as a glitter polish, the only issue with it is trying to remove the polish as it's incredibly long lasting.

Models Own Chrome Mauve is a debatable one. Some may argue it leans pink. I'm unsure how I never heard of the chrome range as the liquid metal finish is such an awesome finish. It's quite similar to my Nails Inc Primrose Hill polish which is a grey purple that leans more grey. I find Chrome Mauve to be a grey purple that leans more purple.

Illamasqua's Jomina is described as an electric lilac, which is really spot on. It strikes me as the shade of purple Barbie would be branded with if they had gone for purple, Barbie purple. As with all Illamasqua polishes, this applies easily and effortlessly and does not chip for almost a week. Easily a must have!

Picture Polishes' Imperial is the most unique nail polish I own. Which is standard for so many indie nail polish companies. Imperial has a purple base (duh) with scattered holographic blue flecks and small gold glitters.

Illamasqua Baptiste is described as a deep royal purple with shummer finish. My older photos are much better but Baptiste is a gothy, rich and elegant shade of purple. The clincher is the metallic / shimmer finish.

1 comment:

  1. Why not match your lipstick with purple nails, ha! I wanted to love the Models Own one, but think that might be down to the formula as nails have to be dead smooth. I need to invest in a buffer, the colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete