June 03, 2015

12 Days of Illamasqua Lipsticks - #12 Fable

Apologies for the brief break yet again! I admit to putting off reviewing my last Ilamasqua lipstick, Fable, as it's easily one of my least favourite lipsticks out of all 12. Particularly with my medium skin tone. Iff I look especially awkward in these photos, it's simply because it's not one I feel comfortable in.  

Fable is described as a bright rose pink but I'd describe I find it has peachy-coral undertones to it. I purchased Fable as it looked amazing on one of the Illamasqua makeup artists at my local counter and for some reason, assumed it would work just as well on me. However, it's too light for my skin tone.

For a lipstick whose colour I can't stand I've managed to get a ton of use out of it. To make Fable work for my skin tone, I'll either layer it over a nude beige lipstick or lipliner and apply little colour over it. Occasionally, I'll apply a peachy nude lipgloss over the lipstick to balance out the vibrancy. So aside from the colour, which is likely to suit lighter skin tones than mine, how did I find the formula?

I found that even after a good lip prep session, including lip scrib and balm, the formula was still very dry and would refuse to apply on certain parts of my lip. Usually applying the drier formula lipsticks with a lip brush solves the problem however, I still struggled with one. The only way I managed to get it to work for me, was with a lip primer.

I wouldn't be able to tell you how long this one lasts because I'll never wear it alone. I'll always use a lipliner or nude lipstick to mix it with. As Fable isn't a unique shade, I'd definitely advise to look elsewhere instead of purchasing it.

1 comment:

  1. Favourite shade, love it :)

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete