May 03, 2015

Life Lately | April in Photos

A while ago, I decided to focus on only beauty blogging as it was the only kind of blog that would interest me. Lately however, I've been more interested in more lifestyle and travel blogs and for an even longer time I've been debating whether or not to venture outside of just beauty blogging and finally I've decided why not? I've yet to see a blogger that doesn't evolve and mix up the topics they write about. I'm starting things off with a monthly roundup.

1. It was warm and sunny over the Easter break so we decided to cool ourselves by checking out a new-ish ice cream place, Paradice Gelateria, on the Harborne high street.

2. So later on this month I'll be starting a makeup artistry course. In the handbook it specifies that we're not allowed nail polish and have to keep our nails short. So in April, I decided to treat myself to a gel manicure that would last me the month up until the course.

3. Game of Thrones time is my favourite time of the year, we tend to stay up quite late and watch the show the same time it airs in the US. For the first episode I decided to make a Game of Thrones themed snack and baked a lemon cake, which is Sansa Stark's favourite dish.

4. For the last year, I've not been wearing nail polish. Naturally the moment I know I'm not going to be able to wear any for my course, I felt compelled to purchase a bunch of new ones. Derp.

5. My 3rd hair bleach session results. I'd love to say my hair transformation was a snap decision but it's taking ages for me to get my hair light enough to apply dye over it. It's quite blonde and Barbie for now but it's still too yellow, making the turquoise dye quite green.

6. As nice as it is to move in with my partner, I've been craving for some space of my own. Especially as I've been single for most of my life and am used to my own space. So I'm ecstatic to finally have a bookshelf of my own that I can now fill up with all of the comics and nerd books.

7. So of course, I've been getting into some new comics. As Avengers released in April, I thought I'd try actually reading some Marvel comics in preparation.

8. There's been a lot of buzz around the luxury Everyman Cinemas that have recently opened up in Birmingham. I finally got to check it out watching Age of Ultron and I will definitely be returning for another peanut butter milkshake.


9. At the end of the month, I attended a lovely blogger event run by Ting at Alex Mae studios where we took part in a few games, experiences beauty demos and learned how to improve our photography.

If you follow me and any other Birmingham based bloggers, you'll probably have noticed a lot of us raving about the Botanist. I didn't expect much but wanted to check it out and there's nothing I can flaw them on. The vibe, the drinks, the food and the decor, everything was perfect. I definitely see myself returning. If you're not planning a trip to Birmingham soon, they have restaurants in Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester and Chester that you can go to instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment