May 15, 2015

5 Fuchsia Toned Lipsticks

For someone who doesn't like pink lipsticks, I've accumulated way too many of them. As a matte lipstick lover too, I don't know how I ended up with three fuchsia lipsticks with creamy finishes. I've recently decided to streamline my makeup stash so I thought I'd compare a few items by colour family before I downsize and eliminate any products. 

First Row L-R : Sleek Fuchsia, Jeffree Star Prom Night
Second Row L-R : Bare Minerals Never Say Never, NYX Razzle Butter Lipstick
Bottom : Illamasqua Atomic

Out of all 5 lipsticks Sleek's Fuchsia lipstick and NYX's Razzle Butter lipstick are almost perfect dupes. They're both creamy cool toned fuchsia pink lipsticks, with the butter lipstick being slightly brighter. I find NYX lasts 2 hours longer than Sleek's fuchsia lipstick which lasts 3 hours at best. If you're ever stuck deciding between these two, definitely check out the butter lipstick.

Jeffree Star's Prom Night liquid lipstick isn't really especially fuchsia. It's officially described as a bright matte pink lipstick. It seems quite a shocking pink on the official site but either it's because of my dark lips or medium skin tone, it has slightly redder undertones.

Bare Minerals lipstick in Never Say Never is my favourite of the three creamy finish lipsticks. Unfortunately, I think I've only worn it three times! It easily beats the other 2 in terms of pigmentation, durability and how moisturising it is. I can't seem to fault it aside for the price.

Illamasqua's Atomic matte lipstick is the most unique one of all 5. It's officially described as a fuchsia violet but I'd describe it as a fuchsia lipstick with a subtle blue sheen. Originally, I absolutely disliked this lipstick but with the current state of my hair, I've been absolutely in love with it. Expect a full review on this soon though!

I'm most likely going to get rid of my butter lipstick and Bare Minerals lipstick, even though they're easily some of the higher quality items. Expect to see those up on the blog sale page by the end of the month as I have a load of items to photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment