May 24, 2015

12 Days of Illamasqua Lipsticks - #8 Test

I really should have started off with Test as it was the first lipstick I ever bought myself. It's a very off name to have and when I went home with my purchase I was very confused and thought I had a tester in my bag. Within a year of owning Test though, I managed to finish the lipstick and even scraped out what was left in the tube. Unfortunately, Test is currently discontinued so I won't be able to replace it again.

Test isn't a particularly unique lipstick shade. It's described as a soft pink chocolate although I'd describe is as a pinky tan with just a hint of pink. It's a beautiful everyday shade that I almost always pair with heavy eye makeup or will wear when I'm pretending I'm not wearing any makeup. Being a medium skin toned woman, I find certain nude lipsticks that look amazing on others end up looking like concealer lips on me. 

Test isn't particularly creamy or drying but it leans slightly on the creamy side. I've never had trouble applying it unlike a few other Illamasqua lipsticks. Although it's an easily dupable lip colour, I don't actually own an exact dupe to it, although I can't imagine it'd be difficult to find one. I'll probably throw it in my handbag and compare it to other ones in the high street when I'm close to finishing it and need a replacement.

While I've always raved about the longevity of Illamasqua lipsticks, I'm unsure about how long Test actually lasts. As it's essentially a 'my lips but better' lipstick on me. So I struggle to notice when it's actually faded. I'd say it lasts at least 4 hours but possibly 6. As it's slightly creamy, it's more prone to fade after a meal or a drink or two.

If Test wasn't discontinued, I'd recommend it but unfortunately, there's no point. I'm gutted they discontinued it. If you're interested in a nude lipstick by Illamasqua though, it may be worth trying out their nude lipsticks in their new satin finish lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment