May 23, 2015

12 Days of Illamasqua Lipsticks - #7 Magnetism

I've finally reviewed over half of my Illamasqua lipsticks. Today's lipstick is one of my more recent purchases so it hasn't received as much love as others. I recall trying it out way back when the Generation Q collection released and liked it but wasn't experimental with lipstick shades to make the purchase. Quite a few years later I spotted it in an Illamasqua sale and made the purchase. 

Magnetism is described as a deep raspberry pink. I'd describe it as a berry, which can be a bit vague. To be more precise, it's a slightly redder and pinker version of MAC's Rebel. I've yet to see anyone this doesn't flatter. I consider it a universally flattering shade. It's not particularly unique though, I own a few similar shades but not an exact dupe. That said, I adore the shade and I'll definitely be getting a lot more use out of it.

Although Magnetism definitely leans on the creamy side the formula is neither as creamy nor as drying as some of the other matte lipsticks Illamasqua offer. The bullet needs some warming up on the lips while applying but glides on with full coverage effortlessly. As with all other Illamasqua lipsticks, I manage to get a decent amount of wear time with it. It lasts around 4-5 hours before needing a touch-up. Even then, there's still a bit of a stain that's leftover.

Ultimately, Magnetism is a rather universally flattering shade and it's not too out there to scare people off either. I would almost describe it as one of Illamasqua's must have shades.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first and well... Only Illamasqua lipstick I own and it reminds me of MAC Rebel. It's such a gorgeous and creamy formula. :)

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is beautiful.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete