May 21, 2015

12 Days of illamasqua Lipsticks - #5 Kontrol

Another day, another lipstick. I think Kontrol was my first purple lipstick and it still remains as one of my favourites. It's a rather unique shade of blue violet, one that not any other brand out there seems to have a dupe of. The deep purple lipstick seems to suit every skin tone although you might want to skip out on it if you're not into the gothic look. Although, I admit it suited my full head of natural hair more than it does now.

Kontrol is easily one of the creamiest lipsticks in their matte range. This made it very easy to apply with no lip tugging. As you can see, it doesn't look particularly matte on the lips either. It's super pigmented and applies easily with one swipe although you'll find yourself going over to create the perfect shape. Kontrol isn't hydrating but it certainly isn't drying either.

Even though Kontrol is such a bold shade, I find I can get away without using a lip liner and still manage to create a decent lip shape. I found during meal time that it had minimal transfer and easily lasts over 5 hours. However, as it's such a bold unique shade, I always find myself retouching it if it's even the least bit faded. Ultimately, I have nothing negative to say about it and have zero regrets purchasing. I just wish I used it more often.

While purple lipsticks have been incredibly popular lately, I've still yet to come across a close dupe for it. So if you've had your eye on Kontrol, I would definitely recommend it. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing on you! Really suits you :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete