May 18, 2015

12 Days of Illamasqua Lipsticks - #2 Atomic

If you've missed my last post, I'm going through my selection of Illamasqua lipsticks for the next few days as I find the quality is a little different with each shade. Most of these lipsticks have been very used so they aren't particularly photogenic. Yesterday, I started off with one of my favourite shades, Shard. Today I have Atomic, a shade that I had much regret purchasing.

Why did I resent it so much? Originally, I had walked in store to pick up Resist but it wasn't in stock. Atomic was suggested as an alternative and even though I didn't like it I bought it as I was told it suited me a lot. I'd always end up mixing it with a neutral lipstick to get a less intense bold lip colour. Eventually, I did regret the purchase as I'd hate the colour in photos. However, with my new bleached hair, I actually kind of like it and finally see the appeal of this shade.

Atomic is described as a Fuchsia Violet and it has a slight shimmer finish. The colour description is pretty accurate as I'd describe it is a fuchsia lipstick with a blue sheen to it, giving it an almost galactic pink edge to it. It's not your average bright pink lip and I can't say I know of many dupes for it. It released as part of the SS11 Toxic Nature collection. Since I hadn't hit my lipstick addiction by that time though, I didn't really care about it.

Although the formula for Illamasqua lipsticks are very matte and dry I didn't find it drying or particularly matte. I'd describe Atomic as semi-matte at best so expect 0 patchiness. However, that doesn't mean it won't last long, I easily got a decent 5-6 hours of wear. I didn't experience tugging while applying as it's one of the slightly creamier lipsticks Illamasqua offers.

I'm really glad I've revisited Atomic, I finally see why people rave about it. I only had to turn 50% blonde to finally get. I can no longer fault this lipstick for anything!

1 comment: