May 31, 2015

12 Days of Illamasqua Lipsticks - #11 Resist

Apologies for the brief break, I've been unwell and makeup is the last thing on my mind when I'm ill. I've seemed to recover for the most part now though. So today's lipstick, Resist, is easily one of my favourite ones and I think was the 3rd lipstick I ever purchased. I can't imagine ever owning as little as 3 lipsticks only. The look I'm wearing with Resist is my casual everyday makeup that I tend to wear, so nothing particularly exciting.

Resist managed to make it on my pink hater's favourite pink makeup items list. It's a stunning deep rose pink. Although it doesn't strike me as a particularly unique shade, I find it's a surprisingly difficult one to dupe and I don't own any alternatives. It strikes me as a universally flattering shade of pink.

Resist is one of my favourite formulas in the Illamasqua lipstick range. Although it's a matte lipstick it applies smoothly and evenly. When applying it's neither drying or moisturising. The finish isn't as flat as some Illamasqua lipsticks and although it's creamier than other Illamasqua lipsticks it still has a very matte finish. 

Out of all my lipsticks, I find Resist to be the most long lasting one. By then end of a working day, I found I had a pink stain left on the lips. It easily lasts a decent 7 hours and manages to stay put for the most part after a meal.

Overall, of all Illamasqua lipsticks, I'd definitely recommend picking up Resist

No comments:

Post a Comment