April 23, 2015

Pinspiration - Smokey Purple Eyes & Wine Lips

When pinterest first launched I was on it quite regularly, over the last year or two though I've forgotten it existed. Lately though I've rediscovered it and thought instead of just pinning stuff and forgetting about them why not try out a few pins? I've recently had my hair bleached for a third time and the result has been very Barbie which I've really disliked. In hopes to balance out that out, I've decided to try out the dark purple smokey eyes and dark lips combo to vamp it up.

To get the look, I started by priming then using a black kohl liner around the eyes. Making sure to smudge it out with a smudge brush. Next, I covered the lid and crease with a light dusty lilac shadow. I then blended in Sugarpill's Hysteric shadow on the lid and crease into the dusty shadow. Next, I patted Elemental Chaos on the lid before smudging a dark plum shadow on top of where I placed my eyeliner. While I quite like the gothic finish, it's all a bit too heavy to get away with for casual wear. I think I could see myself wearing this in a long black dress that hugs the skin a la Morticia Adams. 

Products Used
Eyes
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Anti-Aging Primer Potion
MAC Bloody Brilliant Quad Spoonful of Sugar, Shadowy Lady & Fizzy Rose Shadows
Sugarpill Elemental Chaos Eyeshadow
Sugarpill Hysteric Loose Eyeshadow
Illamasqua Beguile Loose Pigment
Barry M Eye Pencil
Charlotte Tilbury Panther Feline Flick
Urban Decay Psychedelic 24/7 Eye-Pencil
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Lips
Tom Ford Black Dahlia Lipstick
Illamasqua Intense Gloss in Belladonna
Face
Skin Base Foundation #10
Benefit Cosmetics Blush in Rockateur

2 comments:

  1. My goodness you have the most gorgeous skin! I'm really jealous! I love this look on you, and you have some lovely products right there. X

    ♥ Carly's Beauty World - A UK Hair, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look you created! The smoky purple is really flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete