April 28, 2015

5 Easy Ways to Make Your Lipstick Last Longer

Recently I've began getting into the habit of reapplying my lipstick, why? It takes forever to get through a tube of lipstick, so why not make sure my lipstick is always in perfect condition? However, there are some occasions when the last thing I want to do is worry about the state of my face and just enjoy myself. So, here are a couple of ways I make my lip colour last longer.


  Line Those Lips
The simplest way to make my lips last a long night out is by using a lip liner. I've never overdrawn my lips personally. I just follow my natural lip shape and colour it in. Finish it off by layering your chosen lipstick shade over. My personal favourite lip liners are Urban Decay's 24/7 lip pencils but my Illamasqua pencils do a great job too. I find they prolong the wear time quite well. However, they can be on the dry side, so you may want to use a lipbalm before hand.

  Opt For A Matte Finish
While creamy lipsticks feel more comfortable on the lips, they certainly don't last particularly long. Occasionally they'll leave a light stain at best. If you really want a shade to last a while, wear a matte lipstick. I find they're the best finish for longevity.

  Skip Out On The Gloss
The number of times I have applied a gloss on top of a long lasting lipstick, only to find that my lip colour has completely disappeared within two hours! I am not a fan of gloss and don't buy them at all any more. However, I can appreciate the finish it gives. If you don't feel like skipping out entirely, applying as little as possible instead. If I wear gloss, I'll only apply a tiny dot and spread it with a lip brush.

  Blot Those lips
I admit blotting is still somewhat new to me and I was sceptical at first but I found it worked. Blotting correctly removes excess oils and leaves the pigment behind. To blot, apply lipstick then lightly dab tissue against your lips, then reapply.

  Try A Lip Primer
I think everyone out there uses an eye primer before applying eyeshadow these days, but how many of us have even heard of lip primers? They apply like a balm or gloss and essentially improve the pigmentation and wear time, just like eyeshadow primer.

These are the 5 ways I make my lipstick last longer, I hope these are useful to some of you out there. Feel free to share any other ways there are to make them last longer!

2 comments:

  1. such great tips! I never thought about using a primer :)

    Annie | DrugstoreDreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guide! They all help so much. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete