March 19, 2015

Holy Grail Products #5 Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - Not A Gimmick

When I first heard of makeup setting sprays, the concept didn't make any sense to me. How on Earth could spraying yourself with liquid possibly improve your makeup's wear time? I originally passed them off as nothing more than a gimmick, some sort of con created by the beauty industry. Eventually, I had encountered several reviews raving about Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray which convinced me to at least try it out.


What is it?
Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, the name speaks for itself. It's a spray to prolong the wear time of your makeup. Urban Decay do a few sprays but this one is both oil and paraben free. It also contains 'special temperature control technology'' that lowers the temperature of your makeup to keep it all in place. Whether it be a hot, humid day or cold, windy weather.

Why is it Holy Grail worthy?
For starters, it actually works! This might be a bit biased though as I've not tried another spray. I'd always hate how whenever I'd finish work my makeup seems to have slid off my face. While the bottle claims to keep your makeup intact for 16 hours don't expect perfect results by the end of that time. On the first day of using this, I instantly noticed how well it kept my foundation on my face. The difference between days that I do and don't use it are very noticeable. You'd think using a spray would also mean having a rather oily face but I find that although the skin feels a little tacky originally, the feeling disappears in a matter of seconds. Once it dries down, you really don't notice it's on for the rest of the day.

Application Tips
After you've done all your makeup, the instructions say to spray it on in the shape of an X and then a T. I tend to give it a couple of seconds to dry between shapes.

Price and Availability
A full size spray costs about £21 for 118ml. If you're unsure about whether to invest in it, Urban Decay do offer a travel size option at £9 for 30ml. While the formula is the same, I find that the pump isn't as simple to use on the mini compared to the full sized one.

Have you tried makeup setting sprays? Which one do you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely sounds like a goodie this does! Must pick up a full sized one soon!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete