March 17, 2015

Glittery Green St Patrick's Makeup

Once again, I've come up with the totally unoriginal idea of green eye makeup for St Patrick's. I don't think anyone in my friendship circles actually take part in stereotypical St Patricks celebrations and I've not been on a St Patrick's night out ever. I actually wore this out for a friend's birthday which happened to be on St Patrick's weekend. Generally, I've been feeling rather self-conscious with the new hair, mostly because a lot of colours I'd use to wear before don't seem to pull together as well with this hair. Although, I'm definitely feeling the green.

The focus of the look is all in the eyeliner. On the lids I applied a light neutral shade all over the lid and then a muted green shade on top to make sure the green wasn't too intense. After highlighting the brows, I used an eyeliner pen to line my eyes as a rough guide. Next, I took a thin eyeliner brush and dipped it into some glitter adhesive and lined it above my eyeliner. Using the same brush, I applied the darker green Violet Voss glitter (gabriella) above the wing. Next, I took a little of the light gold-green glitter (jade) and blended it into the inner corner of the glitter wing. Next I went over the black pen eyeliner with gel eyeliner to darken the black before using a forest green eyeliner and eyeshadow on the lower lash line.

Products Used
 Too Faced Rock N Roll Palette Shadows in Rockabilly, New Romantic, Glam Rock & Punk
Violet Voss Gabriella & Jade Glitter
Violet Voss Glitter Adhesive
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Junkie & Perversion
Urban Decay Ink For Eyes Perversion
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner
Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara
Illamasqua Skinbase Foundation #10
Benefit Cosmetics Medium Fake-Up
NYX HD Studio Grinding Powder
Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike

2 comments:

  1. I think your make - up (and hair) looks gorgeous! xx
    zoe lianne x

    ReplyDelete