March 22, 2015

Benefit Cosmetics Rockateur Blush

I thought I'd never see the day where I'd purchase a little something from Benefit. I admit, I have a love hate relationship with the brand. I love their cutesy feminine packaging but most of the time, I'm left feeling very 'meh' or disappointed by a lot of them. This especially applies to all of their hyped releases which leave me sceptical each time. I've had the odd positive experience with Benefit but ultimately, I've ended up passing on a good 90% of my Benefit items (most of which never even showed up on the blog) to an ex housemate who was a hardcore Benefit fan. Either way, I don't think this was an especially hyped release, at least not for me. 

The major reason I didn't buy this when it first came out was because of the price increase of their blushes. To be fair, they're not the only brand that's increased their prices. The problem is the downsizing of their blushers. Paying more for less product! Not only that, but Rockateur is the only one that has even less product (5g) than all the others they offer (8g)! I only ended up purchasing this as I had an employee discount doing some retail work during the Christmas season. I tried it on in store first to make sure I was happy with the shade on my skin tone before parting with my money.

While it is a rose gold blush, I find on my cheeks it comes off slightly mauve. Which works well for me as I have medium skin. It's nice to not have to pack on a rose gold blush to get it to show up on my skin. While the shimmer is very obvious in the pan, it's actually very fine on the skin and has a glow effect as opposed to a sparkling one. I find it's reasonably durable although it still does completely disappear by the end of the day. 

I'm not particularly a fan of the cardboard box. You can't just shut it quickly as the flaps on the side will often try to close on the outside. I find I have to pinch the flaps to get it to shut. Although I do like how the box keeps loose powder in the box, I feel like it could be shallower.

Despite it's flaws and all my bitching, I definitely see myself finishing this off and eventually repurchashing it. I'll probably wait until some sort of sale or discount is available but the actual formula itself to me is lovely. Fingers crossed, by that time there won't be another price hike but for now you can purchase Benefit's Rockateur for £23.50.

1 comment:

  1. Benefit is one of the brands that I just don't get. I love their packaging but find it's WAY too expensive for what you get. It was one of the first luxury brands I ever shopped and had some good experiences with it but nowadays I feel it's highly hyped up.

    ReplyDelete