March 01, 2015

A Few Sephora Paris Purchases

So earlier this week, my partner and I made our way down to London to hop on a Eurostar to Paris. With the pound being at an all time high against the Euro (at least for a while), it seemed like the perfect time to visit and even make a few frivolous purchases. I had planned to wait until the last day to check out Sephora but the minute I laid eyes on one of their branches, I had to check it out immediately. Would you believe that I left Sephora empty handed? I was so overwhelmed by the choice, I had to sleep on it and return the day after.

The first thing I checked out was the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No 7 palette range. As I mentioned in my recent lust list, I've had my eye on it for a while. I was essentially expecting to walk into the store and find the palettes swatched awfully but honestly, all of them swatched so well that I couldn't decide between them all. I decided to eliminate the vamp and the tease palettes as I have so many vampy/smoky eye shadows and ditto for pink/purple palettes. The only other two options were the starlet and the Lolita and the only reason I went with lit was because I didn't like the idea of the silver shadow in the Starlet palette.

The next thing on my list was the Marc Jacobs nail polish range, it didn't seem as though they had the entire colour range in France. Turns out that folks in the US have access to 10 extra shades. Since my Illamasqua polishes pretty much cover all the colours of the rainbow, I went for Petra, which is dirty bronze polish with metallic shimmer. In many ways, it reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's blackheart polish but without the red undertone and significantly more shimmer.

I wanted to pick up a certain Sephora lip cream (another matte liquid lipstick) but the shade I was looking for wasn't available in France. The next thing on my to check-out list was Sephora's retractable waterproof eyeliner. While I normally don't care for retractable eyeliners, the smudge brush was what sold it to me. It's a smoky eye in a stick! So far I've found it to be quite creamy.

Out of all the Sephora's I entered, the one on Champs Elysees easily had the best customer service and was the most tourist friendly. A lot of the staff seemed bilingual and were quite chatty. I couldn't believe how kind the sales lady at the Marc Jacobs stand didn't just give me a lipstick sample but then proceeded to give me an eyeliner sample too, which I think was because I tried really hard to communicate in French. The only problem was that it made the checkout process way too long as they'd have long conversations with customers. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the lipsticks! The shade is beautiful :)

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I Like your blog and your style of writing! Also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! Great job! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete