February 27, 2015

What's in my makeup travel bag?

This week my partner and I have decided to grab a Eurostar to Paris for our anniversary. I've really been looking forward to it since I've not done any travelling for over 2 years. Anyway, since I have no scheduled posts for a while, I thought I'd share a few beauty items I've taken with me.

Makeup wise, I managed to fit a lot into a very small makeup bag by basically downsizing almost everything. Instead of taking a huge eyeshadow palette, I packed my mini NARS and god created the woman palette along with two Illamasqua cream eyeshadows. Also, instead of taking several fullsized eyeliners, I packed my Urban Decay dual-ended eyeliners. I packed a lot of samples instead of fullsized products too, like Bare Minerals lash domination mini, kat von d mini lipsticks, a Nars blush sample, along with an hourglass and stila sample from Sephora's Give Me More Lip set. I also took a travel size setting spray and primer so I'd be able to just do my face once in the morning and not care for touchups throughout the day. Since I've used up all my foundation samples, I transferred some from a full sized one to an old (cleaned) sample bottle to save space.

Brush wise, I had been doing a lot of overtime before travelling and did a very naughty thing by buying makeup brushes instead of cleaning old ones. (Doh!) So I ended up taking a whole new set of rose gold zoeva brushes which were kind of too beautiful to use. I also packed a few makeup sponges for foundation and a blush brush.

Skincare wise, I use a lot of Clinique as it tends to be one of the few brands that doesn't irritate my skin. For makeup removal, I'll use Urban Decay's melt down remover on the eyes and Clinique's take the day off cleansing balm on the skin. I also use the balm during winter before moisturising with Clinique's dramatically different moisturising lotion. I also packed a travel size body wash as we're staying in a very budget place so I wasn't sure if there'd be toiletries available.

No comments:

Post a Comment