February 15, 2015

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Dominique

So who hasn't heard of Nars' Audacious lipstick range? I don't think I've yet to come across a negative review of these lipsticks and I admit I bought in to the hype. The new lipstick formula comes in 40 different shades to chose from, from nudes, to pinks and even the odd purple or two. When I first researched swatches, I wasn't keen on 90% of them as they were easily dupable. However, there was one peculiar shade that caught my attention, Dominique.

Dominique is described as a pink lilac but it has a muted medium purple feel to it. Despite it photographing slightly on the pinker side, it certainly comes off on the purple end of the spectrum on my lips. It's a rather tricky shade to work with and I had no idea what to do with the rest of my face makeup wise. Luckily the Naked 3 made my life a lot easier has a few purple toned nude shades that went well with this lipstick.

Despite doing a lot of research before my purchase, it wasn't until I had purchased mine that I discovered the magnetic lid. Which makes me tend to fiddle around with this lipstick a bit more. It's nice to know that there's no chance of the lid falling off and getting lipstick everywhere in a handbag or makeup bag.

The formula on this satin lipstick is amazing for a non-matte lipstick. It has a satin finish that provides full coverage in a swipe and even survived a cup of hot chocolate. Of course, with these having a 'velvet' finish, don't expect them to last longer than a decent matte lipstick. Yet, even with it's creamy texture, you'll find that it still lasts as long as the average matte lipstick as it lasted around 5 hours. If you're looking for a long wear lipstick that isn't a matte finish, I'd say the audacious lipstick range would be up your alley.

While these are available at all NARS stands, I believe only Selfridges and the official NARS site in the UK do all 40 shades. Although when I was looking to try out Dominique, Selfridges didn't even have a tester for it so it was a risky purchase.

The only negative with this lipstick genuinely is the price tag, I can't recall if I purchased this during a Selfridges sale or if I just casually decided that I was willing to pay £24 on one lipstick in a moment of madness. If it's outside your budget most of the shades are quite dupable but if there's a unique shade that you can't keep your eye off on, I'd be surprised if you were disappointed in it. I'd also recommend the audacious range if you're lips dry quite easily and you're looking for a non-matte long wear lipstick.

Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter | I'm Now On Instagram

4 comments:

  1. I own Anita and I really like the shade and formula. They are expensive but being NARS its not suprising :( I might try Anna next! Dominique looks great on you but I'd never pull it off haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Dominique so badly, but it wouldn't suit me at all :/ You can definitelly pull if off though!! :)
    I have my eyes on Natalie, Charlotte and one another which name I forgot :D Also I heard that our Sephora sells only 12 shades, which sucks :/
    Btw I love magnetic lids :D Armani does it too and I play with it way more than actually use the lipstick :DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous! :D I really want a NARS lipstick. :(

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab on you! I need some NARS lipsticks in my life!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete