February 22, 2015

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks

Back to when what seems like an age ago, I made a very naughty Sephora order with a friend of mine. We both had basically ordered  a fair few lip products of which only one wasn't a Kat Von D one. While there was a lot of buzz around the studded kiss range, I opted against getting one as I simply couldn't decide on a colour. Instead, I went for a few liquid lipsticks and got a fair few.


A-go-go is described as a bright orange-red but it comes off very neon orange on me. It was easily the worst performing of the four that I own. I found it required a lot of building and smoothing out as it kept applying unevenly. I find the colour way too bright on me and the formula made trying to apply a thin layer impossible.

Bauhau5 is a described as a deep raspberry, it's actually a slightly pinker version of pretty zombie cosmetics people poison liquid lipstick. This shade is one of the more long lasting ones as it stains and has successfully made it throughout long work shifts.

L.U.V is described as a deep violet and while it is most certainly purple, it somehow  gets away with not feeling too outlandish. It applies quite evenly and make for an almost perfect dupe for pretty zombie cosmetics purple poison.

Vampira is described as a deep reddish burgungy but I felt like it had seriously strong brown undertones to it on me. It is a lot darker than Lime Crime's Wicked and would make a better Salem dupe but with red undertones / without looking like you smeared poop on your lips.

Across all four shades, the formula is rather drying. Similarly to Lime Crime's velvetine range, these liquid lipsticks tend to turn liquid to matte within a minute or so. It does make it a bit uncomfortable to wear over time.

The formula definitely seems to vary depending on the shade. Agogo needed the most attention when applying and a fair bit of layering. Vampira needed a bit of layering but applied evenly otherwise. I found it needed a bit of reapplying though. Both Bauhau5 and LUV applied well with no issues with bauhau5 lasting longer.

The Kat Von D liquid lipsticks are available at Sephora for $20.  While they  aren't affordable I would definitely still recommend them as the quality is significantly better than a lot of cheaper liquid lipsticks I've tried so far. 

6 comments:

  1. I want them all! So jealous. They look gorgeous. Especially loving Vampira and L.U.V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous, shame I could never pull them off!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing shades! I definitely want to try Kat Von D products x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really good, I'd love to give one a go in the future. :)

    I really want to get my hands on one of the Jeffree Star ones! :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are your earrings from?! I LOVE those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! I bought both of mine from Killstar.com it's kind of pricey but worth picking up during sale time for sure!

      Delete