December 24, 2014

Top 5 Single Eyeshadows of 2014

I can't believe there's only just over a week left until 2015, I've had a busy few months but fingers crossed you'll be seeing more posts. In the meanwhile, I'll be finishing off December with a bunch of favourites. Today I'm covering my favourite single eyeshadows, so expect to see another post on my favourite eyeshadow palettes before the year ends. 

Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile | As a colour addict, I definitely underestimated Beguile when I had received it as a freebie for spending a lot of money at an Illamasqua counter. I admit after receiving it, I hadn't even touched it until this Spring. It adds a beautiful subtle shimmer to your face, while I've only used it on my eyes, I know a fair few makeup artists have used it for a shimmery highlight. The major downside to the pure pigments is that they really aren't affordable at £16.50 although sometimes they'll appear in their summer sales.

Fyrinnae Loose Eyeshadow in Meerkat | After making my first Fyrinnae purchase, I quickly understood why the brand is raved about so much in the indie community. They're easily the most complex shadows I've owned and being an indie brand, they're incredibly affordable. It wasn't long after my first order that I made another, my current favourite out of all of them is Meerkat which is a vibrant pink purple with gold shimmer and sparkle highlight.

Illamasqua Vintage Metallix in Embellish | I've already mentioned that the Once collection is the first one in a long while by Illamasqua's that's caught my attention. Unlike their old cream eyeshadows, the vintage metallix shadows are crease-resistant and incredibly long lasting. If you're a lazy girl at heart or often find you just don't have the time to do a full face of makeup, the vintage metallix are so effortless as all you need to do is dip your fingers into the pot and blend it onto the lid for a beautiful finish.

Concrete Minerals Mineral Eyeshadow in Swamped | I admit I haven't been reaching for my Concrete Minerals shadows much anymore but on the few occasions that I do, I'll find myself reaching for Swamped which is a lovely deep green with golden undertones.

Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Olivia | Unfortunately this Sugarpill loose eyeshadow was limited edition, which is a huge shame as it's a wonderfully vibrant green gold that's a lot tamer than a lot of their other shadows, which means I've managed to get a lot of use out of it. It seems to be the only limited edition shade that actually sold out quickly too, fingers crossed, we'll be seeing something similar release by them some time in the future. 

1 comment: