December 27, 2014

Top 5 Lipsticks of 2014

As the end of the year is less than a week away, I'm counting down my favourites of 2014. When I first got into makeup, I only owned maybe 3/4 lipstick shades but my collection and addiction has seriously grown over the last year and a half. So trying to chose my favourite lipsticks of the year has been incredibly difficult especially as I've loved so many of them. In the end, I somehow managed to decide on five.

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna | As my first highend lipstick, I admit this is a superficial choice. I don't know if I'd actually love this as much as I do if it weren't for the packaging. It's not the most long wear lipstick I own, but it's definitely not drying. It has a creamy feel to it while applying and dries down to a matte. The 'golden-coral' colour makes it excellent for everyday wear, it's my go to lipstick on days where I'm in a hurry.

Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in L.U.V. | Although L.U.V seems a bit too purple in the tube, it's actually a lot closer to Pretty Zombie Cosmetics' Purple Poison liquid lipstick, which is a colour that I get a load of compliments on. Thankfully Kat Von D's formula doesn't have any of the shifting problems that I had with Purple Poison, once L.U.V sets on the lips, it refuses to budge.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Licorice | How can I not love NYX butter lipsticks? They're affordable without compromising pigmentation. As it's not a matte lipstick, it's not the most long-lasting but it's still rather durable. While I do enjoy my intense, dark, bold lip, the butter lipstick finishes allows for a softer, more work appropriate finish.

Melt Cosmetics lipstick in DGAF | The most unwearable shade out of the lot but as the name perfectly suggests, I don't give a damn, it's just such a badass shade. It definitely has underground goth clubbing vibes. I admit I haven't gotten much use from it but it's just such an unusually gorgeous lipstick, I had to include it.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Heroine | While I may have not featured Heroine in many looks, it's definitely been my most loved and used lipstick of the year. I was a bit apprehensive originally just because there's always a lot of hype around MAC but for a matte lipstick. I love how it's actually a legit purple lipstick even though it has obvious pink undertones, making it a lot more accessible.

Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter | I'm Now On Instagram 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST.

    I desperately want DGAF however it was sold out last time I checked, ffs!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, it totally does look wearable on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shades look beautiful on you! Great pick of colors! x

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful shades. I love the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, such beautiful colours :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the lipstick shades you've chosen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post.
    http://www.modaventa.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really slow commenting on this, but what amazing choices! I still really want Heroine but I don't think it would suit me. :(

    I really want to give the NYX Butter Lipsticks a go, which I may do this year. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete