December 31, 2014

Top 5 Favourite Products of 2014

As it's the last day of the year, I thought I'd finish it off with an ultimate favourite post. I've already covered my favourite lipsticks, shadows, palettes and nail polishes if you're interested. I've even counted down my most disappointing products that I've tried this year, so with a rather negative post, I thought I'd finish the year off on a more positive note.

MAC Heroine | Easily my favourite lipstick of the year, as I've already mentioned before, I've not featured it in any look outside of my review but out of all my non nude lipsticks this is definitely the one I reach for the most. It's a gorgeous wearable purple with a slight pink undertone. The formula of the lipstick was surprisingly decent and I do kind of understand the hype behind MAC lipsticks now (although limited edition lipsticks selling out in hours will never be acceptable, urgh).

Illamasqua Vintage Metallix | The Vintage Metallix range by Illamasqua really isn't hyped up enough in the beauty world. The concept of cream eyeshadows has always been terrifying to me but the Vintage Metallix range are just so effortless. They're my go to eye product when I stumble out of bed with 15 minutes left to leave the house all I need to do is dip my finger into the pot and blend it onto the lid for a glittery finish. They're also long-wear and the finish on these are stunning but impossible to capture on camera, definitely worth checking out.

Urban Decay Electric Palette | I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing about the Electric palette and even though the shadows aren't the most accessible, it's the palette that definitely reignited my love for eyeshadow. Not only that but the shadows are so pigmented, I didn't even use primer in the swatches in my original review. You can easily use this for colourful Arabic eyes, Desi weddings, festivals, club nights or to add a pop of colour to an otherwise very neutral look.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion | I've already raved about this before, so I'll keep it short and sweet, it's fragrance free, allergy free and doesn't break me out. It's also been the only thing that seems to heal any eczema on my face, I've had prescribed creams that only seemed to make things worse.

Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray | I've not gotten around to doing a review of this yet and I admit I've not had it for especially long. I've never been 100% certain on setting sprays, but the Urban Decay setting spray definitely makes a difference. It wasn't as obvious on my first day trialling it at work but when I didn't use it the day after, I noticed how much my makeup actually fades after a shift. Currently, it's been far more reliable than any primer I've had in ensuring my makeup doesn't budge.

Find Me On Facebook | Add Me On Twitter | I'm Now On Instagram 

1 comment:

  1. I've only tried the green Illamasqua cream eyeshadow and I love it! Want to get the nude shade next :)
    Speckled Beauty

    ReplyDelete