December 08, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics The Tributes Eyeshadows

With the latest Hunger Games film releasing somewhat recently, I thought I'd finally share a few swatches of my mini Hunger Games inspired eyeshadows. Shiro Cosmetics has named the collection the Tributes, it contains the same number of shadows as there are districts (as far as we knew in the first book), 12. However, I only picked up 3 shadows that really caught my eye.

Rebellion is a deep blue-black with green and purple shimmer. When applied wet, it leans more blue but if you were to blend it out it comes off a lot more black. I admit though that when I received this colour I couldn't help but wonder if I received the wrong shade as all online swatches it seemed a lot more black/gray.

Beyond the Fence is my favourite of the three, it's a shimmery forest green with subtle brown-gold tones. Gold-greens shadows currently seem to be my latest obsession. Beyond the fence comes off a lot brighter in some parts depending on how the light hits it.

Mockingjay is described as a metallic brown copper bronze and it was easily the most pigmented shade of the three. It makes for a gorgeous inner corner highlight and if you use very little product, you can blend it out for a lovely gold highlight.

I created the eye look by applying Mockingjay into the inner corner first and then spreading it along the lower lash line. Next, I applied beyond the fence all over the lid, then blended in Rebellion into the outer corner of the lid and blended it into the gold on the lower lash line. I then blended MACs Tickety Boo into the crease. I finished the look off with liquid liner and used a kohl pencil on the outer corner of my lower lash line. While I normally like to go neutral/nude on the lips whenever I apply a lot of eyeshadow, I decided to go outside of my comfort zone instead with NYX's burgundy butter lipstick in Licorice.

If you're interested in trying any of Shiro's fandom focused eyeshadows, you can purchase a sample shadow for $1, a mini jar for $3.50 or a full sized jar with 2g of product for $6 on the Shiro website.

Have you already watched the first Mockingjay film? Or are you waiting for part two to release first?

2 comments:

  1. these look gorge, such pretty shades! Look stunning on you! x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I'd buy them just because I love the hunger games x

    ReplyDelete