December 03, 2014

Holy Grail Products #4 The Moisturiser That Made Me Believe in Moisturisers

It's been a while since my last Holy Grail post and this one is a little personal. After all, what works for my skin won't necessarily work on others. Moving from the desert to the UK, I found the harsh winters took it's toll on my once oily skin. My first British winter led to flaky skin on my face which severely lowered my confidence levels and I had no idea how to deal with it as a lot of moisturisers just seemed to dry it out more. After several months, I decided to try out a sample that was randomly handed to me in the middle of Birmingham city, Clinique's dramatically different moisturising lotion+.


What is it?
There's not much to really say aside from it being a moisturiser. It's originally one of Clinique's very first products, the dramatically differently moisturising lotion was reformulated last year. 

Why is Holy Grail worthy?
The tl;dr version is, it's both fragrance-free and allergy-free. I've actually tried out several moisturiser samples from various brands and had skin reactions to them. When I pulled out Clinique's moisturiser sample and noticed the back read fragrance free, I still didn't expect much. Within a week, I noticed a huge difference in my skin. All of my eczema induced flaky skin had healed up with no skin reaction nor any spots. If you have especially dry skin, this is probably the moisturiser you're looking for. 

Application Tips
While it's easy to use a lot in one go, I would avoid applying too much at a time as a little goes a long way. When I had my little sample, I tried to be as frugal as possible. When I went one size up, I admit to have gone through most of it rather quickly. 

Price and Availability
You can purchase Clinique's dramatically different moisturising lotion + from any Clinique counter. It's one of those brands that seem to be available everywhere, Boots, Debenhams, House of Fraser and Selfridges tend to have Clinique stands from £17.50 to £30.

Do you have a holy grail moisturiser? Have you tried Clinique's?

1 comment:

  1. Mine is Clinique's moisturiser too, but the gel version. I've been using it ever since it came out and it really is amazing. Sadly a year ago I had to stop using it but I'm going to buy myself some for the New Year. I'm really excited because my skin has always been at its best when I've used their 3 Step system. ^_^

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete