November 03, 2014

Skull Mask Halloween Makeup

I know Halloween is over but I just wanted to share one of my looks this year, the half skull look, or skull mask look. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you've probably already seen this. If you also follow a lot of makeup artists on Instagram you've probably seen several different versions of the half skull mask look, mine was mostly inspired by Chrisspy and Eva. For the skull mask, all you need is a black and white face paint, and ideally a thin detail brush.

I started off by using white face paint to create the base of the mask, I used white Snazaroo face paint but I really wouldn't recommend it as it was so dry. It was impossible to move my jaws or mouth because it would cause the face paint to crumble off. I found it difficult to build up the face paint to a true white but eventually I got there. I used Mehron's black paradise paint to draw the lines of the mouth then drew in the teeth section. It was much easier to use and had a better formula. I then painted over the nose and outlines the mask and the jaw holes.

Wig is Mermaid by Geisha Wigs
White Snazaroo Face Paint
Black Mehron Paradise Paint
Zombie White Contact Lens
Vice LTD Palette Shadows in Perversion, Backdoor and Laced
Haute Couture Kiss False Lashes in Lust

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! It just looks so cool and easy to do. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete