November 17, 2014

NARS And God Created The Woman Eye Kit

It's about time I tried something out by NARS. I've always been attracted to the eyeshadows whenever I'm at a NARS counter but at £18.50 per single shadow, I've never purchased one. So when I came across the adorable mini 'and god created the woman' palette I figured it'd be the perfect opportunity to replace my first ever eye palette which I used to use for smoky eyes.

Bellisima II, Kalahari I, Night Clubbing, Alahambra I, Galapagos, Coconut Grove

The palette comes with 6 gorgeous shades packed full of shimmer. Bellisima is a matte grey brown with subtle golden sparkles. Kalahari is described as a 'sugared cocoa'. Night Clubbing is a beautiful dark black with gold glitter/sparkle. Alahambra is a golden champagne, perfect for highlighting. Galapagos is a chocolate brown infused with golden shimmer. Coconut Grove is a deep taupe brown infused with gold. As you can see, while there is a lot of shimmer in the pan, they apply very matte but shades like Galapagos have subtle shimmer.

As this was an impulse purchase, I was slightly panicky that I had made a horrible decision picking this up as all online swatches didn't seem especially pigmented. I was expecting Night Clubbing to be the most disappointing shade. To my surprise, it barely needed any building up for an intense dark black. I'm incredibly impressed by the formula and quality of all of the shadows. All of the shadows have insane colour payoff and a gloriously smooth texture.

I know that with 15 shades, the Narsissist palette is obviously the better option to go for but there's something about large neutral palettes that turns me off. I guess the large choice of neutrals is too much for me for now but this tiny palette with just 6 shadows is perfect for me. I also adore how petite the palette is, you can easily carry it around in the smallest of handbags.

I was expecting the palette to be over £40, so when I was told it was £35 and that it also came with a mini pro-prime smudgeproof eyeshadow base which costs almost £20 alone, I decided to try it out. I had heard how amazing the NARS eyeshadow base was and it hasn't disappointed me so far. It also comes with a travel size wide contour brush which I don't personally care for but I'm sure will make use of.

Overall, if you've been considering trying out this palette or are looking for a starter palette, I would definitely recommend getting it. The God Created the Woman Kit is currently available at Space NK or Sephora for £35.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting this palette for a while, but because of the cost I never got it. The pigmentation looks amazing though! You did some great looks! Why are NARS products so expensive?! I just reviewed a NARS matte lip pencil that I love if you'd like to check it out!

    Keep in touch!
    Jen xx
    jenteablog.com

    ReplyDelete