October 26, 2014

Shiro Cosmetics 'I Am Groot' Eyeshadow Look

It's been a while since I've had a movie that I've been obsessed with. Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely a movie I see myself picking up on DVD the day it releases. I can already picture myself watching it on those gloomy rainy days as a pick me up. The soundtrack is actually the first album I've bought in around 3 years too. So when I heard that Shiro Cosmetics' new colour of the month shadow was called I Am Groot, I made my order immediately.

Left - Over Eye Primer, Right - Over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy

The eyeshadow released shortly after Robin William's passing. Instead of being tasteless by making money from his suicide by creating a colour after him, Caitlin donated $1 per I Am Groot's eyeshadows sold to the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. As the shadow isn't officially listed online though, no further sales outside of September 2014 won't be directing any money to them but if you were interested in the eyeshadow, you can pick it up here for $6.

The look I created kind of out of my comfort zone due to all the gold but I achieved this look by applying a natural lid shade into my crease and around my lower lashline. I made sure to avoid applying it on the inner corner of the eyes. Next, I blended a darker brown shadow into the crease before applying Shiro's I am groot shadow on the lid and inner eye corner.

The eyeshadow actually has a wooden brown feel to it but I brought out the copper gold highlight by applying it wet using Fyrinnae's pixie epoxy. It actually took a lot of eyeshadow packing to get it to look this way, which was a pain. Normally I just wear it with just eyeshadow primer.

Products Used
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation
Shiro I Am Groot Eyeshadow
MAC Cosmetics Kelly Osbourne Palette Eyeshadow in Tickety Boo
Inglot double sparkle 459 eyeshadow
NYX The Curve eyeliner
NYX HD Grinding Powder
Illamasqua lipstick in Magnetism

No comments:

Post a Comment