October 23, 2014

Lime Crime Wicked Velvetine

It feels like every brand out there now stocks some form of a matte liquid lipstick, back when I reviewed my first Lime Crime Red Velvet, there weren't anywhere near as many. Back then, I found the concept of drying/mattifying liquid lipsticks odd but now I'm no stranger to them and own several from a decent variety of brands. I finally ended up purchasing another from the brand that I'm fairly sure started the trend and after trialing out different matte liquid lipsticks, are the new repackaged Velvetines still awesome?

Wicked Velvetine swatched above Red Velvet to compare

Of all three shades in the Clueless Witch line, Wicked is the most accessible and Salem probably the oddest that I may have to pick up at some point. Wicked is a gorgeous deep burgundy red, the perfect shade for this time of year, not that the time of year would stop me from sporting a dark lip. I'd describe the pigmentation for the Velvetine range as intense.

I love wearing these because I don't have to worry about transfer or reapplying product for the most part, they're quite fuss free. These are waterproof and super long lasting although after 6/7 hours of wear the product tends to fade a little on the center of the lips. After several hours of wear, it can get a little uncomfortable on the lips though. I find other liquid lipsticks that feel more comfortable on the lips don't tend to be as long-lasting, so it's down to personal taste.

The one kind of drawback of these is that you get 2.6 ml of product for £13.50 or $20 depending on where you purchase from. For an indie brand isn't the cheapest but it's certainly more affordable than a brand like Hourglass' rouge liquid lipsticks that sell 2.8 ml of product for £23 or $28. However, you can easily get more product for less with NYX or Sleek's Matte Me range.

Of all things to try out in the Lime Crime range, the Velvetines are a must! I've yet to try a liquid lip that's beaten them in terms of durability and length of time. In my honest opinion, I prefer the Velvetine formula over every other matte liquid lipstick I've tried so far.

1 comment: