October 27, 2014

Halloween Banshee Makeup Look

I'll admit I've not been great with updating the blog over the last two months. It's the end of October and I've done nothing Halloween related at all. Which is a shame as I find it's the perfect season to really challenge ones makeup skills. So over the week, I'm going to be ambitious and try to do 4 looks for Halloween. The first look is based on an old Illamasqua Halloween face chart that I wouldn't have dared to try back in the day but thought I'd do my own spin on it.

I started off the look by popping on my contacts then applying foundation. Next I began working on all the blood patterns. I used red face paint from my Mehron Prism Blending Fleur set to do this. Whenever I made mistakes I had to wipe with a damp tissue and reapplied my foundation. Since I only had one shade of red, I used red glitter to give the blood some dimension. I did a simple smoky eye look on the lids and added some subtle sparkle using Illamasqua's Beguile pure pigment on the centre of the lid. I finished the eye with a subtle cat eye and false lashes. For the rest of the face, I used a red lip and used a soft apricot blush on the cheek.

Products Used
White Zombie Contact Lens
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation
Mehron Prisma Blend Set Fleur (red face paint)
Violet Voss Glitter Adhesive and Rose Glitter
Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
Urban Decay Vice LTD Palette Shadows in Perversion, Laced, Anonymous, Backdoor
Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile
NYX The Curve Eyeliner
Illamasqua Bat False Lashes
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Lover
Illamasqua Lip Pencil in Feisty
Lime Crime Red Velvet Velvetine

3 comments:

  1. Late comment but such an awesome and simple look! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! I really like the effect of the contact lenses.

    ReplyDelete