October 17, 2014

Charlotte Tilbury New Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna Review

After receiving my first pay check at my new job, I thought I'd indulge a little by purchasing my first high end lipstick. As Charlotte Tilbury had just released her new Matte Revolution lipstick range, I decided to head to a counter to try out the unusually square lipsticks. I originally had my eye on their plum/purple shade, Glastonberry, which would have been perfect for fall, but on me it didn't seem particularly purple and was closer to a sheer blackcurrant shade. I ended up trying out a few of their other shades and settled on Sexy Sienna, a wonderful shade of golden coral.

There are 10 shades in the entire range and each shade coordinates with the 10 signature looks. Sexy Sienna for example, was made for the Golden Goddess look, although personally, I love using this lipstick with a smoky eye. Each of the lipsticks were also created with a specific celebrity or model in mind, this was inspired by Sienna Miller whilst Glastonberry was inspired by the likes of Rihanna and Blondie frontwoman, Debbie Harry. 

While I'm not especially fond of most of the packaging in the Charlotte Tilbury range, I adore the rose gold packaging and especially the oddly shaped square bullet. It was designed that way to match the square lip brush in the Charlotte Tilbury range as it's meant to provide precise application. The only thing I dislike about the lipstick is how fingerprints can easily make the inner casing look dirty quickly. 

The formula to these matte lipsticks are unlike any other matte lipstick I've used, they apply easily and I found they weren't too pigmented as I always have to swipe a few layers on to my lips for full coverage, it's meant to be a buildable lipstick. You can apply it relatively sheer for subtle colour or layer it to bring out the coral tinge. The formula also includes lipstick tree and orchid extract to soften and hydrate your lips and I found I actually experienced no drying at all. It also includes '3D glowing pigments' which are meant to give the illusion of wider and fuller lips. In terms of longevity, I'd say it lasts 4-5 hours on the lips without primer and I found it didn't last through a meal particularly well either.

Each lipstick in the Matte Revolution range sells for £23 and is available at Selfridges, alternatively you can purchase a desk to disco duo set of two matte revolution lipsticks for £42 on the official Charlotte Tilbury website. It's the first time I've ever spent more than £20 on a single lipstick and I'm glad this was the one I spent the money on instead of another brand. There's something about the lipstick that makes me feel extra classy whenever I pull it out, I love it so much that I've been looking at other possible shades to purchase like Birkin Brown.

Overall, despite it's price, I would definitely recommend trying out one of the lipsticks in Charlotte Tilbury's new matte revolution lipstick range, 0 regrets buying.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is beautiful!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty colour, I have one of her other range of lipsticks in the shade "Stoned Rose" and it is such a pretty shade.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete