October 29, 2014

Broke Girl Last Minute Halloween Makeup Idea - Scar from Disney's Lion King

If you're broke this Halloween and don't feel like going as a generic cat, why not dress up as a big evil cat? By big cat I of course mean a Lion from one of the best Disney films ever, the Lion King. If you have a very basic makeup collection you should be able to achieve this look. All you really need are black eyeliners and a nude palette. If you owned a white eyeliner it would be handy, but a light eyeshadow should do the trick. The only more obscure item you'll need it black lipstick and whilst I used an expensive brand black lipstick, you can easily find cheap alternatives like Stargazer that cost no more than £3. In terms of clothing you could easily just wear a black or dark brown dress, or go for a shirt and trouser combination.

 I also used green contact lenses but you could easily go without it as the Scar is all that it takes for people to guess who you are. To get this look, I started off with the eyeliner around my lids, I tried to make the lines and jagged and precise as possible to give it a more cartoony effect. I then filled in the space with dark brown eyeshadow and used a lighter brown shadow around the rest of the eyes. I used NYX's Jumbo pencil to create the base of the scar and used a highlight eyeshadow to define the shape of it better. Using liquid liner, I lined my eyes, then created the shape of the nose. Finally, I used a lip liner and black lipstick to finish off the look.

Products Used
Makeup Geek Shadows in Mocha, Cocoa Bear, Creme Brulee & Shimma Shimma
Barry M Liquid Liner
Illamasqua Black Sophie Pencil as eyeliner and lip liner
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Illamasqua Lipstick in Pristine
B. Makeup Mascara
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift Concealer

2 comments:

  1. Great post♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥

    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contemplated using this for a last minute look, but I ended up not going out for Halloween. I'll use it next year for sure. ;)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete