September 10, 2014

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils

At the end of last year, I ended up stocking up on a fair few Urban Decay products, including a few of their relaunched 24/7 glide-on lip pencils that coordinated with their then new revolution lipstick range. Initially, I had only bought Venom to pair with it's revolution lipstick counterpart and I loved it so much I ended up picking a few more shades for myself.

Ozone (Clear/Invisible), Bang, Anarchy, Native, Venom

Ozone is a clear lip liner which doesn't show up at all. You can use this around your lips or coloured lip liner to avoid feathering. It's also excellent for keeping lip gloss in place. Bang is a bright orange red which I love to pair with neon orange lip products as it seems to tone them down a little. Anarchy is a bright fuchsia, which I'll use with mostly bright pink lipsticks but have also used with a few purples to make the lipstick more magenta. Native is a muted pink that I use with any nude lipstick but I mostly reserve it for troublesome ones. Venom is a rich plum that I tend to use for plum, berry or burgundy lipsticks.

Although these lip pencils contain Jojoba oil, Vitamin E and Cottonseed oil, if you suffer from dry lips, these won't apply as easily, so I'd recommend using a lip balm before hand. However, these still apply well, without tugging even if you skip out on it. Whilst these can feel dry on the lips when applying, I find the feeling disappears when you're done and is even less noticeable once you apply your lipstick or lipgloss.

While these are part of the 24/7 range and are advertised as long-lasting and waterproof, I don't consider these 100% waterproof. They're great for rainy weather but if you tend to drink a lot of hot drinks or soups, most of it can fade. Otherwise, these make lipsticks last for a whole evening without needing them to be reapplied.

My only real critique on these is that I wish the range included non-conventional colours too. Even though these shades were released to accommodate the revolution lipstick line, a true purple or black would have been great. Since both colours are more common now, I'm hoping Urban Decay will be releasing one with matching lipstick and lip liner, as they have with the Pulp Fiction range.

The Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on lip pencils come in a range of 17 colours and retail for £13 each aside from Ozone which sells for £15 at Debenhams or Selfridges, if you're in the US they all sell for the same price of $20 at Sephora.

3 comments:

  1. Venom is sooooo gorgeous.....looks like another thing to add to that ever growing beauty wishlist... and also do you think that Ozone would work well for products like the OCC lip tars?? Great post XOXO

    Gaborillaa - Makeup and Beauty Blog | http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! :D

    I need some new lip liners. :')

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! I especially love Bang.

    ReplyDelete