September 08, 2014

Illamasqua New Once Collection Nail Varnish in Melange

Illamasqua recently launched their Fall collection, Once, which is the first collection that they've released this year that's really intrigued me. It may not be full of bright colours as some of their previous collections but it's still such a gorgeous one. The collection is inspired by the point where a flower starts to fade and becomes beautiful in it's complex decline. The stand out piece in the collection, in my opinion, is their new nail varnish, Melange.

Melange is described as a cool antique teal with flecks of burnished gold, it's influenced by dry hydrangeas when they turn into incredible shades of blue and green. It's easily one of the most unique nail polishes I own, it's the kind of colour you expect from an indie nail polish brand.

As someone with quite a few Illamasqua nail polishes, I wasn't surprised by how high-gloss and chip resistant their formula was. I've been wearing this polish for 4 nights without a top coat and it's only just began chipping. Some of the pastel and lighter nail varnishes have a tendency to apply a little sheer with just one coat and so was expecting Melange to be more on the sheer side but it was rather opaque but still applied 2 coats. 

All in all, I adore this polish. It's the only new Illamasqua nail varnish I've added to my collection this year. At £14.50, their polishes aren't the most affordable but if you ever decide to spend the extra buck on any one Illamasqua polish, make it this one.

3 comments:

  1. I love the combo of teal and gold glitter. It looks beautiful, a nice color for the transition to fall but at the same time, it reminds me of a mermaid!

    Jen xx
    jenteablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE! I went and had a look at it over the weekend but didn't buy, as quite frankly I had spent enough already throughout the day. However I do need this in my life so I can see me buying it fairly soon... Maybe tomorrow? ;)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is sooooo gorgeous!!! It really reminds me of turquoise stone! So pretty

    Gaborillaa - Makeup and Beauty Blog | http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete